Thursday, August 09, 2012

A Beautiful Community

My first steps did not take me far.

The considerations that will eventually define an online identity are so numerable it seemed I would never be able to identify, much less fulfill the essential criteria.

Sitting outside of the experience, the steps required for manifestation are a mystery. What seemed so straightforward from the passive position of “reader” or “follower” began to multiply into obstacles the closer I got to launching my own vehicle. I needed to identify the certain principles that would help to make my blog not only function, but relevant, as well.


In the act of collecting the pearls of other people’s online publishing experience, I have been able to work my way into this process. The sharing made it seem not only possible but inevitable, as a modern writer and I have been both encouraged and energized by the spirit of revolution that accompanies this surge in independent publishing. The community created by this exchange became a driving force in continuing when I discovered the glut of material that intends to cover the experience of writing. Through this dialogue, I was able to do the work in a way that I had only very generally hoped; relevance was determined by the excellence of shared experience.


The act of creating and of approaching the potential of participating in a larger system of exchange feels like an expansion.

The publishing experience began to take on a spiritual dimension, in that I found safe harbour and the knowledge to expand what had previously been provided by my limited conscious self. Up until this point, my sense of gratitude has been silent and directed at collecting this wonderful information. Going forward, I plan to add my voice to this wave of knowledge, drawn from my own experience to add to a revolution of learning.


Within this vital world, the concept need not be entirely experiential. Participation can be directed by the need for education.

The shared information not only provides the information for the doing but the more I listen and learn, it also provides the components that will eventually deliver me to an attitude of faith. Because others had so thoughtfully shared, I too may one day share. When considered under the light of this progression, there is something transcendent in this interface.


My quest begins by humbly thanking the medium.

It is this newly discovered faith that prevented me from begin overcome by a sense of futility. Eventually, it also aided in the crystallization of what the blog would be called. The Educated Imagination is the result of this faith, dedicated in the spirit of shared experience that leads us to our own private wisdom.


What I know intimately is the act of writing. May this wisdom guide you.

{Images by Salvador Dali}






No comments:

Post a Comment